Wednesday, September 7, 2011

For Airwaves From Air Guitars:Donald For Spiderman

I've been debating to share this with you all for some time now. It's one of my guilty pleasures and, well...fuck it I like him!! I was trying to resist even listening to him for a while, given his background and all. Ultimately, I succumbed to his advances and now, here we are. I am a fan of Donald Glover, AKA Childish Gambino.
Yes! Donald Glover! The black guy from the TV show, "Community." That guy. He's also a rapper. And he sounds better than half these fuck-asses polluting the scene right now. I didn't wanna give him any attention before because I thought he was just like any other actor trying to get put on but really sucks. Then I heard Freaks and Geeks. I wanted to hear more from his "Culdesac" EP.Then I heard he did a sample of Adele and that linked me to Do Ya Like. I was HOOKED!! Unfortunately most of his music is so covert and underground that calling it a series of mixtapes is actually overshooting. He does tour with other underground acts, including the occasional accompaniment from ?uestlove and other celebrity friends. Finding his music anywhere other than the internet is damn near impossible.
His next release,"Camp" is slated to be released in November. If it's anything like Be Alone or Not Going Back then I'm sure I won't be disappointed. He is definetly talented and is a jack of all trades. He is also a DJ, and still does his stand up. This guy stays hungry. I appreciate his drive and hopes he can achieve success in music as he has in TV.
If you're still not sold, and you are still on the fence, let me leave you with a little remix that he's on: Rolling in the Deep (Remix). Now if that doesn't sell you then I don't know what to tell ya!! Either way, screw you! I'm a fan!!

No comments:

Post a Comment